Internet radio service TuneIn updated its iPhone and iPad apps today. The update brings the TuneIn Live feature found on the iPad to the iPhone. The update also brings song sharing to Google+, improvements and fixes.
Included in the update:
- Introducing TuneIn Live for iPhone, an all-new way to listen to the world's radio. The new Live screen presents album artwork and show titles that flip every time something new starts. Swipe through each tile to discover new songs or shows that just started on a station somewhere in the world. Sign up for a free TuneIn account to personalize this entire experience.
- Never miss a live event - if a game, concert or show hasn't started yet, you can add it to your personal calendar, which will notify you when the event begins.
- You can now share great songs and stations with your circles using Google+.
- BMW and MINI drivers can now access TuneIn directly from their dashboards (BMW vehicles that support the BMW ConnectedDrive optional item "BMW Apps," and MINI vehicles that support the option "MINI Connected."
- TuneIn Live for iPad now brings you a smoother swiping experience.
- Favorites now sync faster to your iPhone or iPad, plus, custom URLs in your Favorites are now accessible on any device when you sign in with your free TuneIn account.
- The entire iPhone graphic interface has been updated.
- Alarm clock users - Now to use the Alarm, keep your screen on with TuneIn running in the foreground (leave "Disable Auto Lock" from the Advanced Settings menu in the "on" position). Consider using the in-app clock display to set screen brightness.
TuneIn is available for free as a universal app (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch) in the App Store [iTunes Link].