Felix is an iPhone app that serves as an App.net client. Tigerbears has us used to seeing big updated and the latest is no exception. The update includes collapse posts and messages, and many improvements that continues to make Felix the premiere iPhone app for App.net.
Included in the update:
- You can tell Felix to "collapse" posts and messages if they fit certain criteria. Tap and hold on a post to tell Felix to collapse posts that are part of a conversation, were posted by a specific client, or were reposted by a specific user. Tap and hold on a post's author to collapse posts by them. Tap and hold on a mention or hashtag to collapse posts with those mentions or hashtags, respectively.
- Collapsed conversations will not generate push notifications for you if you're mentioned in them.
- Tap on a collapsed post to reveal it. This won't change your collapse rules, but you can tap and hold on the aforementioned bits to remove that rule.
- You can also tap and hold on a collapsed post to remove the applicable collapse rule(s).
- Go to Settings to clear all of your collape rules.
- Your draft posts, starred conversations, starred hashtags and all your collapsed post settings are synced between your devices via your iCloud account. They'll also be restored if you log out and back in to your ADN account. You can clear your iCloud sync data via Settings on the Dashboard tab (for that account) or by tapping the "?" on the login screen for all accounts you've used with Felix since updating to this version. You can turn iCloud syncing off via Settings as well.
- Translate posts by tapping and holding them.
- Web URLs are automatically detected while writing a post - move the cursor into the blue link to change the linked text. (Like on a website, the text doesn't have to be the web page's address!) You can turn this off via Settings on the Dashboard tab.
- Posts and web pages can be saved to Pinboard.
- That annoying "jumps to the top" bug on some streams has been killed. And eaten by my cats. They shared it.
- You can now swipe with two fingers while composing a post to move the cursor by word. (Swiping with one finger to move by character still works great!)
- Pull down with two fingers while in fullscreen mode to show the top status bar for a few seconds.
- Fixed various bugs when editing text before a custom link, particularly when using non-Latin characters.
- Various and sundry issues with stream markers have been resolved, particularly if "Markers only scroll to newer posts" was turned on.
- Settings table bugfixes - you can log in to Droplr and CloudApp again!
- Many improvements to VoiceOver support.
- Your stream and Global now fetch the latest posts every time you view them.
- Triple-tap the navigation puck to go to the top of that tab's navigation stack.
- Fixed a bug with setting the Patter push notification preference.
- To facilitate switching between ADN accounts, credentials for third-party services are no longer cleared when you log out of your ADN account. Tap on the X icon by a service to log out of it.
- Improved the ability for private messages to mark themselves as read according to the puck.
Felix is available for $4.99 in the App Store [iTunes Link].