One of the best, if not the best, third-party camera app for the iPhone has been released for the iPad. A separate Camera+ version is available for the iPad starting today and it brings a ton of features.
Tap tap tap also released an update to the iPhone version with support for the iPhone 5 and iOS 6.
The new Camera+ for iPad features:
- New iCloud sync - The new iCloud sync in Camera+ automatically syncs your Lightbox photos between all of your devices. Shoot all day on your iPhone, and then edit all night on your iPad.
- Brush on effects (iPad only) - Now you can brush on (or off) each effect with your finger so you apply it only where you want. You can set the brush size, softness and intensity for ultimate control.
- Layer effects (iPad only) - Layer two or more effects to create your own unique results. Adjust the intensity of each layer and drag and drop to change the order. Why not mix “So Emo” with “Tailfins”? You have great taste, now prove it
- Straighten your photos (iPad only) - Camera+ has gridlines to help line up your shots, but you still get the occasional crooked one. Now you can crop and straighten with Camera+ for iPad and eliminate wonky photos once and for all
- Advanced image adjustments (iPad only) - Perfect your images with advanced image adjustments, including white balance, exposure, brightness, contrast, saturation, sharpness and red eye removal
- Scene modes and flash - Most modern digital cameras have scene modes to help you get the best photos for your particular situation. And why shouldn’t your iPad have this great feature? Well, with Camera+, you get to choose from several scene modes including Backlit, Sunset, Night, Beach, and many more. And for the times when your photos came out too dark, we have a high quality digital flash to make them look great
- Dozens of amazing effects - We partnered with professional photographer Lisa Bettany to bring you a slew of stunningly beautiful effects. With a single tap, you can transform a lifeless pic into a work of art. Make your photos shimmer with “HDR”… get down and dirty with “Grunge”… fill your pics with emotion and despair with “So Emo”. There are dozens of 1-touch effects for you to experiment with so that you can get the perfect result every time
- Wrap it all up with stylish borders - With Camera+, you get several great border designs so that you can put the finishing touch on your photos. You can even add a stylish caption with just a tap. You’ll never forget those important details again
- Import from Flickr and Facebook (iPad only) - You have photos in lots of places; now you can import them into Camera+ for iPad to apply effects or fix them up
- Share your creations - Whether you want to show your results to your friends and family or the whole world, Camera+ has got you covered. Share your pics on Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr. Or go the simple route and email them from right within the app
The iPhone version was updated and it brings:
- iPhone 5 & iOS 6 support - We’re calling this the biggest, fastest Camera+ ever. Take advantage of the taller screen of the iPhone 5 to see more photos in your lightbox and enjoy a larger editing preview area when you’re working with your photos. And with the speedy new processor in the iPhone 5 your photos will be edited and shared before you’ve had a chance to shoot them
- New iCloud sync - We’ve been beavering away on Camera+ for iPad, that’s right iPad, for the better part of two years. The last year of which was adding iCloud sync. Now you can automatically sync your Lightbox photos between all of your devices. As you take photos on your iPhone, they will automatically pop-up on your iPad, so you can take advantage of the larger screen and advanced editing features of Camera+ for iPad
- Facebook sharing with single sign-on - We’re rolling out Facebook single sign-on support for new users. So if you've got the Facebook app installed, you won't need to enter your Facebook username and password in Camera+. If you're an existing Camera+ user with a Facebook account setup, you can't use single sign-on just yet because of a little something that Facebook need to fix (we're sure they're on it).