IntoNow has been one popular app since it was launched for the iPhone. After some time, Yahoo bought it and it is now releasing version 3 on the iPhone and iPad. The app brings a social aspect to watching TV, it listens to what you are watching and identifies the program. The latest update improves the overall experience and much more.
Included in the update:
- Synchronize instantly with whatever you’re watching – with just the touch of a button, IntoNow recognizes what you are watching whether live or recorded and unlocks a great experience.
- Capture and caption your favorite “Did you see that” moment with Capit - instantly create pictures from your TV, add captions and comments, share those with your friends.
- Discover “What was that song?”- Music Sync automagically identifies the music playing in the show, right as it’s happening. Never miss or hunt for the music from your favorite shows again. Also features related articles, people, sports stats, and others surfacing as you watch.
- Connect with friends, find out what they’re watching – with IntoNow chat you can see what your friends are watching and instantly chat. Create a group of your buddies for a given show.
- Get live sports scores, stats, player information for football, basketball and soon to come baseball.
- Join trivia, discussions, polls and other fun experiences for some of your favorite shows.
- Enjoy live tweets from actors, athletes, celebrities related to the show you’re watching.
- Special: Follow along with Summer Games special coverage while you enjoy the games including Medal Roundups, In-depth event descriptions, athlete bios, schedules and live coverage.
The app is available for free as a universal app (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch) in the App Store [iTunes Link].