Nik Software has updated the iOS version of their popular editing app Snapseed. The app, my choice for quickly editing images on my iPhone and iPad, now has support for Retina Display graphics on the new iPad, enhance its editing tools and even now allows to share to Instagram.
Now this integration works by opening Instagram with the photo included, not the integration that Hipstamatic has. But this is great for me, because I used to edit my images on Snapseed, save them to the library and then opening Instagram to share the image. This new integration saves some time.
Other changes included in the update:
- iOS 5.1 support
- Share even further—Open your Snapseed-enhanced images into Instagram and send them on their way! It’s never been easier to show off to your friends on Instagram or even to open images into your other favorite iOS photography apps
- Square is the new square—Speaking of Instagram, we squashed the bug that caused some odd lines appearing in images cropped as 1:1. Square images will be truly square now, we promise!
- Beefed up Black & White—We love monochrome a lot, having developed the world’s leading professional black and white software in Silver Efex Pro. Snapseed gets even more of that mojo with new algorithms and color filters for superior enhancements and control. Plus, presets will help you get started faster
- Center Focus magic—Taking a cue from our professional filters product, Color Efex Pro, we’ve improved Center Focus to make it even more powerful. You can now draw attention to the subject of your photo by adjusting the brightness of the inside or outside of your image. You can enhance the overall effect by blurring, or turn it completely off to create vignette effects with ease. Oh, and did we mention that we’ve added presets to give you a starting point and save time?
- More crop fun—The Crop tool now includes 7:5 aspect ratio for all of you 5x7 printers out there
- We now support Arabic
- Snapseed is now in Brazilian Portuguese
The app is available as a universal app (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch) for $4.99 in the App Store [iTunes Link].