Telestream released a new version of their screen capture app ScreenFlow. Version 4.0 brings more tools like nested clips, closed caption support and more to our favorite screen capture app.
Included in ScreenFlow 4.0:
- Recording Timer - Need to record a webinar, and don’t want to stick around till the end? With ScreenFlow’s Recording Timer feature, now you can set the duration of time (in minutes and seconds) you want ScreenFlow to record. When the time period has elapsed, ScreenFlow will stop recording and launch the editor window.
- Nested Clips - Make even the most complex projects more manageable. With a single click, ScreenFlow’s nested clip feature lets you merge multiple elements into a single (nested) clip whose content can be accessed and edited on a separate tabbed timeline.
- Show Keys Pressed feature now enables more control over the look of the keystroke display onscreen.
- Chroma Key Support - Transport yourself to a new studio or location using ScreenFlow’s high quality Chroma Key filter. Replace your green (or any color) background with your own video or still image background with a single click.
- Video & Audio Filters - ScreenFlow now has support for a vast array of built-in filters to add more audio control, and added effects to videos andimages. Audio effects include EQ, multiband compression, peak limiting, anddelay. Video effects include advanced color adjustments, distortion effects, blurring, alpha mask, color effects, and more.
- Closed Caption Support - Add closed captions to all your movies. Use ScreenFlow’s caption editor tool to add, edit and publish ADA Compliant soft subtitles as caption tracks to your MPEG-4 movies (suitable for playback with an iPhone & iPad) and YouTube videos. Caption tracks can be created in multiple languages and can also be exported separately as an SRT file.
- Dynamic Update of Media - Save time and eliminate extra steps when you refine media created outside of ScreenFlow. ScreenFlow will offer the option to ‘reload’ modified media. When reloaded, the asset will dynamically update in the library, timeline and canvas. (Not available on the Mac App Store version of ScreenFlow).
- Export Quality & Speed - ScreenFlow uses the popular x264 codec for significantly increased quality of H.264 exports. x264 encoding in ScreenFlow also offers significantly faster encoding. ScreenFlow 4.0 runs as a fully 64-bit application under OS X 10.7 Lion and above which improves overall performance, memory usage, export speed, and scalability.
- Save Frame - Save any frame of your ScreenFlow project as a PNG file with just a few clicks.
ScreenFlow 4.0 is currently available in Telestream's site for $99. If you have a previous version of ScreenFlow, you can get version 4.0 for $29. For more information on how to upgrade for $29, even if you bought your current ScreenFlow version from the Mac App Store, go to this link.