App.net users rejoice, Tapbots has just released Netbot, an App.net client. Essentially, Tapbots brings the Tweetbot experience to App.net with an iPhone and iPad app. App.net is the alternative Twitter, which requires a paid subscription that in these days was announced that it was reduced to $5 a month / $36 year.
It offers most of Tweetbot's features:
- Smart Gestures. Use App.net more efficiently with time-saving and configurable gestures
- Mute filters lets you block messages from users without unfollowing them
- Sync timeline position, direct message read statuses and mute filters between iPhone and iPad via iCloud
- Customizable Navigation. The last 2 tabs are customizable and unused tabs are easily accessible
- Support for multiple services like Pocket, Instapaper, Readability, CloudApp and Droplr
- Save drafts, attach photos/videos, manage your accounts, and much more
Netbot doesn't support push notifications yet, but the feature will be available as the API supports it. Keep in mind, App.net still in alpha and lots of features are still under development.
The iPhone version does support the 4-inch screen of the iPhone.
It is very important to see Tapbots release such app as Twitter's developer environment has become very negative. Netbot for iPad becomes the first fully featured iPad App.net client, if not the first iPad App.net client.