Apple has released the much anticipated iOS 5.0.1 update to everybody with the much wanted battery life fix. The beta of this update has been under testing by developers since last week and is ready to go.
The update brings:
- Fixes bugs affecting battery life
- Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
- Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
- Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
- Contains security improvements
To get the update just go to Settings on your iOS device, then hit General and then Software Update. I recommend it to take the auto-lock out so it won't lock itself while updteing and if you can use a Wi-Fi network it will be much better.
Jailbreakers stay away. The iPhone Dev Team has warned if users want to use one untethered exploit then they shouldn't update. This becomes a problem if users have battery life issues that will need to update.